I think this world is unjust, and unfair. At times we encounter mean people, people who hurt us. Others have not had to wait to meet a cruel person they have been born into a family with cruelty or where unjust treatment is the language of how they interact. Others, society views them as lowly or insignificant. For others their future looks hopeless no light can be seen at the end of the tunnel. No matter, what the cause of the pain is, the outcome can end with a person who is broken.
The dictionary defines broken as:
1. Forcibly separated into two or more pieces; fractured: a broken arm; broken glass.
2. Sundered by divorce, separation, or desertion of a parent or parents: children from broken homes; a broken marriage.
3. Having been violated: a broken promise.
a. Incomplete: a broken set of books.
b. Being in a state of disarray; disordered: troops fleeing in broken ranks.
a. Intermittently stopping and starting; discontinuous: a broken cable transmission.
b. Varying abruptly, as in pitch: broken sobs.
c. Spoken with gaps and errors: broken English.
6. Topographically rough; uneven: broken terrain.
a. Subdued totally; humbled: a broken spirit.
b. Weakened and infirm: broken health.
8. Crushed by grief: died of a broken heart.
9. Financially ruined; bankrupt.
10. Not functioning; out of order: a broken washing machine.
Does this sound like any of you? Are you fractured physically or emotionally? Have you been subdued totally, humbled? Have you been violated? Are you weakened crushed by grief? Have you been abandoned? If so you are not alone. I see you, maybe not physically, but I know you are out there hurting. I acknowledge your pain.
Second, you have value, you are important -even IF nobody around you acknowledges your worth, it does not change the fact that you are precious.
I would love to pray for any of you who would like prayer. You do not need to share with me any details, you don't even have to know if you believe in prayer. You just need to leave me a comment or just your name in the comment section and I will pray for you.
I hope your today is a better one than yesterday. I pray that you experience some peace in the midst of your despair.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone